Copyright Aid Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Main siteC A Main Site 

Streaming Audio Books: how to get license

Copyright Aid Forum Index -> Copyright Law

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baroim
New  Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Streaming Audio Books: how to get license Reply with quote

Hi All

First of all thanks for having me here, lets get straight to the question. I am planning to build audio books library where people can only listen by means of streaming, no file download etc. Obviously I would need to get permission for this. I would imagine the library would have a range of title which produced by different publishers. Is there any organization that deal with this sort of thing (similar to PRS) to get the streaming license. OR if this is not the case, what would be the procedures to get the license to stream the audio books? Thanks in advance.
AndyJ
Oracle
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try the Publishers Licensing Association here: http://www.pls.org.uk/default.aspx.
Since the Audiobook Publishing Association closed down in February of this year, the Publishers Association http://www.publishers.org.uk/en/home/ seems to have taken on their role as the general trade body for publishers of written, audio and digital works.
baroim
New  Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Andy, finally.. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Copyright Aid Forum Index -> Copyright Law All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

You must be logged in to post  Log inLog in
Want to join in? New members are always welcome  RegisterRegister & join the discussion

Jump to: