Copyright Aid Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Main siteC A Main Site 

What are the laws concerning the use of Football club logos?

Copyright Aid Forum Index -> Copyright Law

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntAvfc22
New  Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: What are the laws concerning the use of Football club logos? Reply with quote

I have a lot of good T-shirt design ideas and i want to produce them and sell them, but i want them to be official so i can sell them in shops owned by premier league teams.

My designs use aspects of every clubs Bagde, Take Aston Villa's for example. They have a lion and 'Prepared' on their badge and i have used them to design a t-shirt which has gained some interest but what copyright laws do i need to follow when using aspects of the logos? and are there any licenses that i can obtain so my work can be produced without being sued by clubs for using their badges and slogans and sold in stores.
AndyJ
Oracle
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The logos of football clubs are almost certain to both copyright and registered trademarks. Given the amount of revenue that clubs make from merchandise they are likely to pay close attention to safeguarding their intellectual property. I imagine that each club - certainly the major ones - will have a commercial department which will be your first point of contact for any licensing deal. But be aware that they may have already concluded exclusivie deals with other suppliers and will want to closely control the quality of the goods produced under licence so as not to tarnish the club's reputation.
AntAvfc22
New  Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, It's great to finally get some help as the internet doesn't offer much and ill be contacting the commercial department very soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Copyright Aid Forum Index -> Copyright Law All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

You must be logged in to post  Log inLog in
Want to join in? New members are always welcome  RegisterRegister & join the discussion

Jump to: