Copyright Aid Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Main siteC A Main Site 

Using quotations on web sites

Copyright Aid Forum Index -> Copyright Law

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris K

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Using quotations on web sites Reply with quote

Hi, first time here, could I ask a question please...

I design web sites as part of my job. A client has asked me to include a quotation on their web site. Is it legal to use a quotation, if it's credited? Does it make any difference whether the person who said it is still living (and do I need to get permission), or died within the last 70 years, etc. What are the rules please?

The client just wants to use the quotation to add interest to the page, not to endorse any product.

Thanks for any advice.
AndyJ
Oracle
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,
Take a look at my reply on this thread: http://www.copyrightaid.co.uk/forum/topic858.htm.
Obviously the bit about academic work doesn't apply in your case, but the general principles are the same.
Chris K

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your link AndyJ, that's been very helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Copyright Aid Forum Index -> Copyright Law All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

You must be logged in to post  Log inLog in
Want to join in? New members are always welcome  RegisterRegister & join the discussion

Jump to: