PicRights Solicitor Letter Demanding Fee For Alleged Image Use

If you are worried about infringement or your work has been copied and you want to take action.
AndyJ
Oracle
Oracle

Re: PicRights Solicitor Letter Demanding Fee For Alleged Image Use

Post by AndyJ »

Hi VG,

They'll propbably blame the pandemic. That seems to be the excuse for a lot of poor service these days!
Advice or comment provided here is not and does not purport to be legal advice as defined by s.12 of Legal Services Act 2007
annab
New  Member

Post by annab »

Hi everyone,
I have been contacted by PicRights demanding payment for pictures I have apparently used on my website from 3 different companies - each letter is demandig payments of over £4000. I have emailed them and explained the situation that I was not aware that these pictures had licences and if I knew there were or knew the amount it cost, I wouldn't have done it as it's outside of my budget. I run my website as a hobby for informative purposes only and can't even afford to pay £100 + per picture so I have offered them £20 per picture which still comes up to good few hundred pounds. I have also been out of work for few months as I have broken my leg and have no income what's so ever. I have mentioned all of that in my response but they have declined my offer and just offered me 30% discount on the original amount requested. I still cannot afford the payment and physically haven't got such money. What should I do? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated
AndyJ
Oracle
Oracle

Post by AndyJ »

Hi Anna,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. All I can suggest is that you read through all the postings in this thread to see what we have previously said on the subject. I don't think there is anything extra we can add which relates specifically to your circumstances.
Advice or comment provided here is not and does not purport to be legal advice as defined by s.12 of Legal Services Act 2007