Pixsy.com alleging copyright infringement

If you are worried about infringement or your work has been copied and you want to take action.
AndyJ
Oracle
Oracle

Re: Pixsy.com alleging copyright infringement

Post by AndyJ »

Nice one, Gabe! I hope your bullish approach works. Good luck
Advice or comment provided here is not and does not purport to be legal advice as defined by s.12 of Legal Services Act 2007
gsantos
New  Member

Post by gsantos »

I have received an email from pixsy demanding payment of £700 for the unlicensed use of a photographer's picture on my aesthetics website. I actually found the picture on someone else's pinterest, and have the link to it.
As I have never had any experience with these sort of issues in the past, I am a bit unsure about what to do next.
I wonder if anyone could help?
kind regards
G.
AndyJ
Oracle
Oracle

Post by AndyJ »

Hi gsantos,

If you read through this and the other threads which discuss claims from Pixsy, and also those from PicRights and KodakOne which operate in much the same way, you should see how we advise you handle this claim. Unfortunately finding a picture anywhwere on the internet, including Pinterest, is no guarantee that the copyright owner has consented to it being copied. It may be that the use on Pinterest was being tolerated if the poster wasn't exploiting the image commercially, whereas your use may have been perceived as commercial exploitation.
Advice or comment provided here is not and does not purport to be legal advice as defined by s.12 of Legal Services Act 2007