Please help!

Advice for those new to the concepts of copyright
Vanitee
New  Member

Please help!

Post by Vanitee » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:26 am

Hi!!!

Excuse my ignorance but im very new to this
Im in the Uk and i am an artist (drawer) and i would like to copyright all of my work (some of it has been changed using graphics programs) i have around 100 pieces which are original sketches and elaborated graphical work i would like to do and i was wondering if anyone could advise me on the quickest and easiest way for me to do this?

I would also like to copyright my company name so if you could inform me of how to do all of this i would be most grateful

Thanks a million!!

V

Warlock

Post by Warlock » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:31 am

You are the copyright owner of any artwork/drawings you have created - (Unless you have intentionally given/sold the copyright on the work of course!).

If you want to register them, the easiest /cheapest way is to register the whole lot as a single collective work with the UKCS - that way you pay one fee for the lot.

If you use the online service, zip the whole lot up into a single archive (use WinZip of similar for this) - or, if the files are large, you may want to make a handful a zip files - the point is you don't want to have to upload 100 separate files (it's a pain and takes ages), when you can upload 3 or 4 instead.

You should read this page about registering collections of work:
http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/servi ... ollections

As for the name - copyright won't cover names - but once established you are probably covered under 'passing off' legislation anyway.
The following page explains the situation with names http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyr ... ight_names

Vanitee
New  Member

Post by Vanitee » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:11 pm

Thank you soo much, you have helped me immensely!!!
Thanks again!!